Recovering

Let all that I am praise the Lord;
    with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
Let all that I am praise the Lord;
    may I never forget the good things he does for me.
--Psalm 103:1-2


These are my theme verses as we finish our last 2 months in the Philippines. If you've talked to me, or I've made a midnight call to you (grin), you know that we've been stolen from, electronically.


Ironic (and unfortunate). Last time Micah and I were leaving this country (before kids) we were burgled the old fashioned way. Someone broke in our house and stole money. (That time I hadn't locked the money drawer-- there's always something).


But this time, I have a lot to be thankful for. We have 3 wonderful kids. My marriage to Micah is MUCH better than it was that first year (yikes, we had a rough start). And the Lord has blessed us with many friends. And for me, a renewed faith. That's a big one.


Did you know I was struggling with Christianity? With who Jesus was? That was difficult. Especially because we're missionaries and you all know that missionaries are supposed to be put-together spiritually (there's some satire in that last comment).


Well, praise the Lord! Not that someone stole from us. Not that I had some poor management going on. But praise the Lord for all the good things he has done and that he will use this situation for our good.


Sojo at preschool program

Popular posts from this blog

On Owning Things and Space

Times of Seperation