Bear with me

Those who have read my last few posts know that our family has been a victim of ATM fraud. Our card was copied and used over the past months. The amount that was skimmed is large.

So, you'll have to bear with me as this is what I'm blogging about. In other news: Micah is in his finals week. He's written some wonderful finals! (Will his students agree) and I was so pleased when I was in the classroom the other day and saw a RUBRIC! Micah would kill me if he heard me call it that (well, maybe not) but he had such an aversion to all the "it" terms and ways of the American education system (possibly other countries are structure and rubric crazy as well?) that I was stunned to see this printed chart with marks on his desk. Well done, big guy!

Back to bearing with me, it's a big part of my day to think through this crime against us and the mistakes I made that made this a long term problem when it could have been short term.

(1) Transitions-- we were moving around, having babies, yeesh. I was a flop at scrutinizing our account.
(2) Lack of communication-- (A) Micah was thinking it was still 'my money.' I came into our marriage with some savings. So if you're in that position, make your spouse repeat with you "This is OUR money." and then both need to be looking out for it. I did not assure my husband of this. If I could go back, I would.
 (B) Oh, someone made a withdraw for $200. Not me. Must be Micah. HELLO!! Ask him about it.
(3) Being concerned about things that are unseen when the physical world's demands are so pressing. An unseen bank account (numbers with meaning).
AND...please, reader, make this jump with me... let's be concerned about eternal things. With God, with angels, with the powers of darkness, and PRAYER (effects of prayer) that we can't see. Just because we can't see them doesn't mean they are not important.

Thank you. This is part of my therapy as I deal with the consequences of my negligence.

LOVE LOVE LOVE you for being so kind and supportive during this time.
Please pray for the bank, lawyers, police officers helping us in our fraud claim. Please pray for full reimbursement. And know that I know that will be a miracle and incredible mercy.

But the thieves cannot take my joy. The accusing voices (in my mind) cannot steal my purpose. And I have new lessons to live out. I have new love to share.

Popular posts from this blog

On Owning Things and Space

Times of Seperation