Times of Seperation

What a strange change of pace-- having to limit contact and take life slower. It is a challenge for me. I find myself working away a sewing or writing project and then sitting up suddenly. Who is there for me to interact with?

My reinforcers, it turns out, are mostly socially-mediated. I want to interact a couple times in an hour in what my husband refers to as "chit chat." I love the light conversation about nothing and everything. I like to watch other people as they talk. I like learning about others as they share or don't. I like being with people.

But I do realize that I don't really listen to myself. Having to be alone more has forced me to try to know me more. To be my own companion. This is new and difficult. But it is important.

For those around the world, facing hardship today, I send my love and I do pray for peace and goodness to prevail in all communities. Selah.

Popular posts from this blog

On Owning Things and Space