Slowing Down and Being Okay With That
I had a realization today-- breakfast and preparing for our day takes twice as long now as it did a few months ago. With the new baby needing lots of attention and Whitaker trying to do more things by himself (and Soj spilling cereal and eggs!), we take over an hour to get up and going.
At first, I was not okay with that. Today, I'm a little more okay. I don't like to think that I'm 'wasting' time and for me, going slow is wasting time. But I'm realizing that going slow is not wasting time, especially when it comes to caring for children. It's actually very considerate to the kids. And it's character building for me.
That said, I won't be disappointed if we continue to improve our time each morning. :-) These are the hopes of my days.
At first, I was not okay with that. Today, I'm a little more okay. I don't like to think that I'm 'wasting' time and for me, going slow is wasting time. But I'm realizing that going slow is not wasting time, especially when it comes to caring for children. It's actually very considerate to the kids. And it's character building for me.
That said, I won't be disappointed if we continue to improve our time each morning. :-) These are the hopes of my days.