Too Close?

This is a serious hug. Whit and Soj love each other. That said-- someone bit someone else today. Well, I'll just come out and say it. Whit's been hurting Sojo lately! (Whit, if you read this later in life-- I still love you! You're not going to do this forever, by the grace of God).

Aww, man. I love this little boy. Why is he trying to hurt Sister? So, a couple of discipline steps happened. The last of which I'll implement after he wakes from nap. He's not allowed to play with Sojo and me while we play a fun game. People who bite others are not allowed to play with others (for a time). Let's see if this consequence makes a difference. No more hurting each other, please.

I'm still reading in James (chapter 3) and it says don't live a bitter, jealous, or selfish lifestyle. It also says, don't try to pretend you don't have a problem when you do. So I'm coming to grips with the fact that me and the kids sin. I'm not angry at Whit for sinning (I am angry that he is hurting someone! even if it's himself), and I don't want him to be a cover-up artist. So I'm praying that I won't use emotional punishment on him (I don't like you anymore, you naughty child) or that I won't just let it go. I'm hoping that an acceptable balance will be achieved today.

This is my lesson in ethics today. I don't have a complete answer yet.

This is not a well organized post, but I want to add that I need to spend more one-on-one time with Whit. Even 10 to 15 minutes. That's something that's tough with the upgrade to three.


Popular posts from this blog

On Owning Things and Space

Times of Seperation