Why It's Okay that I Cannot Cook Well

I'm not a very good cook, but not awful either. This takes me out of the awful category: I can count only 3 times where I've made meals that have caused me to gag. So in general, I'm a decent cook.

A good cook, is a healthy man or woman, stirring 3 bowls of ingredients simultaneously. Cooking a combo of 5 side dishes and main courses in one afternoon. Even my friend who is as skinny as the letter l (not my typical view of a good cook) is a marvelous cook because the capacity of her heart. She receives each ingredient as a gift. She marvels over them. Takes the time for things to simmer and roast. And the ingredients just fall in love with her and produce a marvelous dish.

It's okay that I cannot cook well because I persevere anyway and feed the various people around me. It's also okay because I know how to laugh, at myself, at situations, and that is Grace. And that makes today okay.

Popular posts from this blog

On Owning Things and Space

Times of Seperation