Spring in My Heart
There's not a season of spring here in the Philippines, but like any place in the world, the cycles of nature are still visible. And because I grew up in 4 season Pennsylvania, I have a place in my heart for this season of new life.
Our eggs have hatched! (There are 2.) I briefly contemplated entitling this blog The Babies Have Arrived, but thought that a slightly cruel joke to play. No, my baby is supposed to come in July. Until then, the kids and I are loving watching these little birds grow up in their home on our laundry line.
Jungle Jerseys. I love these 2 Jersey calves that frolic down our city street and into an adjacent empty lot that Sojourner refers to as our jungle.

I am so grateful for animal friends to observe and learn from.
Our eggs have hatched! (There are 2.) I briefly contemplated entitling this blog The Babies Have Arrived, but thought that a slightly cruel joke to play. No, my baby is supposed to come in July. Until then, the kids and I are loving watching these little birds grow up in their home on our laundry line.
It's a very small patch of land, but it is covered in banana trees and tropical flowers.
Check out sister cow below chomping on a coconut hull. Not exactly corn fodder, eh Dad?
I am so grateful for animal friends to observe and learn from.
Sojourner, Whitaker, and I go out animal watching everyday. Sometimes we see really cool birds! Wild ducks, cranes, buzzards (or something of that sort). Some days we just see stray cats and dogs. But no matter the finding of the day, Soj and Whit love to imagine what the animals are doing and what their families must be like.
I am blessed with this chance to see the world through my children's eyes. We've seen so much good. It's really there.