Japan
We're heading to our vacation on Wednesday. It starts with a soccer tournament in Manila. We'll cheer on Micah's girls' soccer team. Then on the following Tuesday, we travel further north to the lovely area of Baguio. I'm very excited, but...
My heart is heavy because of the problems in Japan. I have to admit, most of my sudden rush of emotions was brought on by a text from a friend that says we should stay indoors for 24 hours. What?! I scramble to my computer. What in the world is happening now in Japan? Nuclear leaks. Ahhh!
Now what? Radiation is not something that I am prepared to fight. (By the way, I cannot find the exact article that was the source that says people of the Philippines should stay indoors for 24 hours, so I'm not sure how accurate the news is...) So now I'm back to thinking about mortality and the illusion of control over our lives.
It's not all drab. I know this will make me more thankful for today, for my kids, for the moments that I have with them. And it does make me cry out to God. "Help us! Preserve us! Make us beautiful and good like You." I do want to know this God of the universe. And I believe that He is knowable, it just is not in a way that I had previously thought...
Goodbye for a 2 weeks. I'll post again with pictures from our adventures!!
My heart is heavy because of the problems in Japan. I have to admit, most of my sudden rush of emotions was brought on by a text from a friend that says we should stay indoors for 24 hours. What?! I scramble to my computer. What in the world is happening now in Japan? Nuclear leaks. Ahhh!
Now what? Radiation is not something that I am prepared to fight. (By the way, I cannot find the exact article that was the source that says people of the Philippines should stay indoors for 24 hours, so I'm not sure how accurate the news is...) So now I'm back to thinking about mortality and the illusion of control over our lives.
It's not all drab. I know this will make me more thankful for today, for my kids, for the moments that I have with them. And it does make me cry out to God. "Help us! Preserve us! Make us beautiful and good like You." I do want to know this God of the universe. And I believe that He is knowable, it just is not in a way that I had previously thought...
Goodbye for a 2 weeks. I'll post again with pictures from our adventures!!
