The Kids Playing and What I'm Reading
Can you believe that this innocent little fellow has been shouting at Mommy and kicking her lately? Now, I'm telling tales on Whitty just because he's so lovely. And because it's absolutely normal for a 2 year old (In 3 months!) to do this. So I'm not worried, but it is more emotional effort to be patient through the "NNNNOOOO!"s. Whitaker is a lovely boy.
Here Sojourner is smiling with her friend, James, our Tuesday morning play-fellow. James brings new energy to our house. Energy is much appreciated.
Here Sojourner is playing her new favorite game--
"Help, there are sharks!" She continuously slides and pulls herself up for 20 minutes or so. It's awesome.
I'm reading
Suffering and the Sovereignty of God.
It's a free PDF book compiled by John Piper about just what the title says. It's heavy. I meet with a group once a month to discuss. There are varying viewpoints represented. Maybe I'll get the nerve to type more about it. I have so many questions. Mostly, I believe that God is good and that there is no evil in Him and that He does not participate in, carry out, or condone evil. But sometimes he permits it. So I'm working out some more whys.
(Yes, I realize this is a huge theological discussion that has been going on much longer than my lifetime!) I am enjoying (and staying up into some nights) studying and thinking.
Some of the authors in the book believe that God "carries out" evil. This view is focusing on God's power and control over everything.
I don't think power means that you have to control everything. What do you think?
I hope to sit down this weekend and write verses and thoughts that might connect my scattered thoughts.
Well, have a nice day. :-) How's that for glib?
Here Sojourner is smiling with her friend, James, our Tuesday morning play-fellow. James brings new energy to our house. Energy is much appreciated.
Here Sojourner is playing her new favorite game--
"Help, there are sharks!" She continuously slides and pulls herself up for 20 minutes or so. It's awesome.
I'm reading
Suffering and the Sovereignty of God.
It's a free PDF book compiled by John Piper about just what the title says. It's heavy. I meet with a group once a month to discuss. There are varying viewpoints represented. Maybe I'll get the nerve to type more about it. I have so many questions. Mostly, I believe that God is good and that there is no evil in Him and that He does not participate in, carry out, or condone evil. But sometimes he permits it. So I'm working out some more whys.
(Yes, I realize this is a huge theological discussion that has been going on much longer than my lifetime!) I am enjoying (and staying up into some nights) studying and thinking.
Some of the authors in the book believe that God "carries out" evil. This view is focusing on God's power and control over everything.
I don't think power means that you have to control everything. What do you think?
I hope to sit down this weekend and write verses and thoughts that might connect my scattered thoughts.
Well, have a nice day. :-) How's that for glib?