An Eventual Miracle

Guilt was hanging heavy over my whole being tonight. And I prayed about it. And God revealed a really old sin that I had not repented of. So there I was with this sin in my face and a chance to repent and ask for God's healing in my life. And I did. And that's an eventual miracle. 

I think I have a long healing road to walk, but I want to remember tonight. It's an altar to the Lord Jesus's faithfulness to me.

The sin was a specific time that I said, "No. I won't obey you in this God." I don't think it was an angry, shaking my fist at the Heavens moment, but that doesn't seem to matter too much. It was outright disobedience that has had a long-reaching effects.

And I'm glad that I'm not under it any more, by God's grace.

So I was thinking about how I often thought a miracle is always a quick, lightning change. Very dramatic. But now I don't think that's always the case. Some, maybe even most, life-altering changes begin in a moment, but take a lifetime to work out. Thank God we're not alone.

Popular posts from this blog

On Owning Things and Space

Times of Seperation