One Ring to Bind Them

Soj an Whit love these little ring chips called Roller-coasters
It was a picture that had to be taken...
This post is actually not about Lord of the Rings, mostly because I cannot think of any parallels from the books to my life as mom of little ones (well, at least not ones that I can think about without laughing-- Sure Sojo looks like an elf and Whitaker is a dwarf at times...) and because I'm not even going to pretend to have anything clever to say today.

It is about how Sojourner had such a tough morning! And I did too. I don't know who's morning was worse off first. Well, I know that I woke up grumpy and she was grumpy from the get-go too. I got up first, so I guess I set the tone.

She's got a bad cough (medicine started today, thankfully) so, granted, she's feeling icky. It was the whining that was causing me to clutch my hair and clench my teeth.

But look at these pictures below. There's the Little House on the Prairie look. She really is so sweet.  
Sojourner loves her animals and dolls
And as I'm typing, she's curled up in a pillowcase like it's a sleeping bag. Aww! 
And look at all that effort she puts into swinging. Beautiful.
Even as I was snapping at her, I heard in my head "Give GRACE. give GRACE." So I told her what needed to change (Well, eventually. After apologizing for being Crazy Mommy for a few minutes.) We tried again. And again. And then made our way through the morning into the very rare afternoon nap. And a nap made all the difference.
Posted by Picasa

Popular posts from this blog

On Owning Things and Space

Times of Seperation