Answered Prayers


Prayer is a mystery that will always be just beyond my grasp (well, sometimes very far beyond my grasp), but I do know that on Monday Sojo and I think we lived out an answered prayer.

We were on a walk to school and saw a sign about our friends' lost cat. Sojo and I talked about how sad it is to lose something you love. Sojourner wanted to know why a cat would run away.

"It just happens." I told her, "They go on adventures and get lost. Want to pray that she will be found?"

"Yes, let's pray for her," said Soj.

So we said a short prayer. I don't even remember what it was, and within an hour I heard that little cat mewing in the bushes. We returned it to the happy family and celebrated together.
Thanks, God, for hearing our prayer that morning.
Posted by Picasa

Popular posts from this blog

On Owning Things and Space

Times of Seperation