Depression is like...
Depression is a strange experience. A strange haze to live in.

Wikipedia defines depression as a mental disorder characterized by a pervasive and persistent low mood that is accompanied by low self-esteem and by a loss of interest or pleasure in normally enjoyable activities.
Nadia Bolz-Weber calls her depression Francis, the terrible roommate who wouldn't leave until Wellbutron showed up.
For me, depression is a chain-smoking, verbally abusive 60's fashion plate standing in the corner of my mind criticizing everything.
And other time she manifests as a fog pressing down.
I'm here again. It's been years since I've last waded through this. And for that I am so grateful.
I'm not as scared this time around. Just ready to get back to the work of healing.
In another state of mind, I can realize that healing can be granted (Help my unbelief!), but for now, I will continue the steps to fight the demon that I do not want to live with.
I exercise, as best I can. I lower expectations. I laugh with Micah. And I take a day off here and there.
Many of you have walked through this. I walk that walk now.
I won't write about this often, but this is so consuming for me now, that I needed to write about depression if I wrote about anything today.
Wikipedia defines depression as a mental disorder characterized by a pervasive and persistent low mood that is accompanied by low self-esteem and by a loss of interest or pleasure in normally enjoyable activities.
Nadia Bolz-Weber calls her depression Francis, the terrible roommate who wouldn't leave until Wellbutron showed up.
For me, depression is a chain-smoking, verbally abusive 60's fashion plate standing in the corner of my mind criticizing everything.
And other time she manifests as a fog pressing down.
I'm here again. It's been years since I've last waded through this. And for that I am so grateful.
I'm not as scared this time around. Just ready to get back to the work of healing.
In another state of mind, I can realize that healing can be granted (Help my unbelief!), but for now, I will continue the steps to fight the demon that I do not want to live with.
I exercise, as best I can. I lower expectations. I laugh with Micah. And I take a day off here and there.
Many of you have walked through this. I walk that walk now.
I won't write about this often, but this is so consuming for me now, that I needed to write about depression if I wrote about anything today.