An Assignment

My counselor suggested that I make a list of who I want to be. A list not based on other people (as much as humanly possible). So I'm trying.

And the first real item I came up with is:
(1) Respected AND loved by my children

Grant you, not all the time, but in due time.

See, the list has to be realistic. :-) And we're dealing with people. So love can be strong. But I know it breaks down sometimes. I'm not as afraid of repairs as I used to be.

But this first item-- is it one that should go on my list. Because it is dependent on other people. On their love. Perhaps, instead, I should think about what makes a mother lovable and respectable.

So perhaps,
(1) Fair in my decisions
(2) Consistent in my care
(3) Compassionate towards the kids and myself
(4) Fun

I like these.

Once again, I choose to forgive myself today. Forgiveness is possible. I need it. I love it. This is good.

Popular posts from this blog

On Owning Things and Space

Times of Seperation