Living My Theology
A few days ago, I was trudging through the day. Half heartedly, grudgingly, waiting for someone to rescue me.
I don't think the kids are always watching my actions. I think that sometimes they are absorbed in their own worlds. But sometimes they are. And here's my little thought for today.
What am I communicating about God to them?
With my worry-- that Father, Creator does not care.
With my impatient-- that there is no time or room from mistakes.
With my fear-- that Death, Hurt, and Wrong win.
These are not things that I want to believe. But apparently I live out of them.
Deep breath. Let's try this again. with GRACE. I'll go pick the chocolate cereal out of the rug and try to laugh more, pray more, enjoy more. That seems more along the lines of Love.
I don't think the kids are always watching my actions. I think that sometimes they are absorbed in their own worlds. But sometimes they are. And here's my little thought for today.
What am I communicating about God to them?
With my worry-- that Father, Creator does not care.
With my impatient-- that there is no time or room from mistakes.
With my fear-- that Death, Hurt, and Wrong win.
These are not things that I want to believe. But apparently I live out of them.
Deep breath. Let's try this again. with GRACE. I'll go pick the chocolate cereal out of the rug and try to laugh more, pray more, enjoy more. That seems more along the lines of Love.