Whit Is Getting Close to Two
Whitaker is demonstrating classic toddler behavior lately. He wants to control situations more so is throwing some fits and is lying to me about dirty diapers. I think what it comes down to is that he does not want me to take the time to change his diaper. I've been thinking about what to do about this.
I hate when he is stinky. Yuck. But it's a worse thing to me when he lies. So I've decided that I'm not going to set him up to lie and I'm going to really praise when he tells me the truth. Instead of asking "Do you need a clean diaper?" (Answer is yes; he'll say no.) I'm going to say, "I know you have a dirty diaper. Let's change it." I'm not at the point where I want to wait him out until he wants it changed. I don't even want to know how long he can be content in a dirty nappy!
Anyways, he's cute and growing. Still doesn't really talk. Not so interested in trying, even with both Sojo and me as coaches. Oh well. Not going to push that either. Just enjoying his smiles and hugs.
I hate when he is stinky. Yuck. But it's a worse thing to me when he lies. So I've decided that I'm not going to set him up to lie and I'm going to really praise when he tells me the truth. Instead of asking "Do you need a clean diaper?" (Answer is yes; he'll say no.) I'm going to say, "I know you have a dirty diaper. Let's change it." I'm not at the point where I want to wait him out until he wants it changed. I don't even want to know how long he can be content in a dirty nappy!
Anyways, he's cute and growing. Still doesn't really talk. Not so interested in trying, even with both Sojo and me as coaches. Oh well. Not going to push that either. Just enjoying his smiles and hugs.