Creativity with Verbs
One of my favorite things about kids is their creativity with language. If Sojourner does not know a word for something, she uses a word or two she does know to talk about it.
For example, I was sanding wood before painting it. "May I saw that too, Mama?" she asked.
Then there was the time she witnessed me quickly shaving my legs. I tapped the sink with the razor. "Mommy, what are you doing? Hammering?"
Speaking of shaving legs, I caught Sojourner in our closet of toiletry supplies trying to do just that. She had lathered her legs with shampoo and was just putting the razor to her leg when I entered the room. Don't worry. No harm. I stopped her and have the razors better hidden.
Whit took his first step last week, but has not taken more since. He stands well on his own, but would rather crawl than walk.
He really like to pretend to talk on the phone right now. It's a hit.
For example, I was sanding wood before painting it. "May I saw that too, Mama?" she asked.
Then there was the time she witnessed me quickly shaving my legs. I tapped the sink with the razor. "Mommy, what are you doing? Hammering?"
Speaking of shaving legs, I caught Sojourner in our closet of toiletry supplies trying to do just that. She had lathered her legs with shampoo and was just putting the razor to her leg when I entered the room. Don't worry. No harm. I stopped her and have the razors better hidden.
Whit took his first step last week, but has not taken more since. He stands well on his own, but would rather crawl than walk.
He really like to pretend to talk on the phone right now. It's a hit.