In Another Kid's Play Gym
Everyday is a lesson in getting along with each other. The lesson for today is trying to see other people's needs and wants through the overwhelming needs and wants of our own. The kids both surprise and disappoint me at times.
(I am using the word disappoint. Yes. I feel disappointed, but not in a crazy way. And I try not to send that message to the kids to give them undue guilt-- "you're disappointing me." No, it's just that feeling of "come on! why can't we all get along? It'd be nicer if you'd see another point of view.")
For example, right at this very moment, Sojo cannot understand why I need to type something instead of helping her make sugar cookies NOW IMMEDIATELY STAT!
But just earlier in the day, she stopped her playing to help a crying Thaddeus feel much better.
It's something we're all working on.

(I am using the word disappoint. Yes. I feel disappointed, but not in a crazy way. And I try not to send that message to the kids to give them undue guilt-- "you're disappointing me." No, it's just that feeling of "come on! why can't we all get along? It'd be nicer if you'd see another point of view.")
For example, right at this very moment, Sojo cannot understand why I need to type something instead of helping her make sugar cookies NOW IMMEDIATELY STAT!
But just earlier in the day, she stopped her playing to help a crying Thaddeus feel much better.
It's something we're all working on.
